I post it here today not for any type of recognition for myself, but for the Glory of God. Please pray that this message will be received by those who need to hear it.
This is the illustration I reference in the begining of my sermon. This was put together by our Assiociate Pastor based on the sermon our Senior Pastor preached the week before entitled "The Greatest Return". Pastor Randy asked each person to fill out a card which said "I once was..." and the congregation laid it at the foot of the cross.
You can listen to the Sermon here:
How do you get a testimony? (vs 21)
Here are the notes:
The Greatest Testimony- "Becoming a Doer"
- What is a testimony?
- Having personal and immediate knowledge of something”
- This “something” is God
- Receive the word of God, (this is God’s promise)
- “Receive it in Humility
- put aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness
- repent & no longer live a life marked by habitual
Proving Your Testimony
Signs of a “Doer”
- You are obedient to God’s Law (vs 25)
- You control your _tongue (vs 26) (James 3)
- You remain “unstained From The world” (vs 27)