Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Do Your Best?

As I drove into my parking spot at work this AM, I noticed this bright green bumper sticker on the car next to me. I think it summarizes a key difference between Mormanism and true Christianity. Not only that, I think it also summarizes a key difference between modern Christianity and true Christianity.


Doing you best is not enough. (Isaiah 64:6):

"For all of us have become like one who is unclean,
And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment;
And all of us wither like a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away"

If you just do your best, you'll still die like the rest. Our hope is in the perfect penal substitutiany atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ alone.

Ephesians 2:8-9
"For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast"

Each one of us will fail the test if we stand alone on the day of judgment.
-W.S. (mike)

4 comments:

Matt said...

From what I understand (I just looked up the Hebrew) "filthy garment" is more than that it is a used menstrual cloth! I cannot imagine how offensive our "righteous deeds" must appear to the Savior, when he payed such a cost to save us.

RichFam said...

Well said. :o)

Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed that there are no crosses on mormon "churches"?

No cross.

No salvation.

No cross...then

it's all about me.

The Marini's said...

Great post, Mike.