Monday, November 3, 2008

Your Kids Listen to your actions..

I know this makes two consecutive posts about my kids, but this story I need to share for all of you out there may have children, know some children, or were ever a child.  Really, this isn't about my kids at all, more about my amazing Lord.

Each day before I leave the house for work my wife (who is pregnat) , and my 3 kids form a circle and pray.  We pray for the day ahead that we will seek Him first in all we do, and that we will have(or make) the opportunity to share the Gospel with those who don't know Him.  

Last Thursday was a great example of the Lord answering this prayer, but He followed it up with one of the greatest blessings a parent can have...a child concerned for the salvation of others.

You see, my wife had just finished sharing the Gospel with her cousin over he phone (for the 2nd time) and had quite a lengthy discussion about repentence and trust and what it really means to be a Christian.  My oldest child (4 y.o. daughter) "Minnow" sat there and intently listened to the entire conversation.  When my wife was done on the phone this is how the conversation went:

Minnow:  "Mommy, what were you talking to Aunt xxx about?"
Mrs. W.S.:  "I was talking to her about God's Law, and sharing the Gospel with her."
Minnow:  "Mommy, does Aunt xxx not believe in Jesus?"
Mrs. W.S. "No honey, unfortunately she does not yet."
Minnow: "Does this mean that yyy (her daughter who is Minnow's age) does not know about Jesus either?"
Mrs. W.S. "Unfortunately, probably not honey.  yyy only knows what her mommy teaches her"
Minnow: "Mommy, do you think I can tell yyy about Jesus next time we go up to visit?"

Praise the Lord!  

Brothers and sisters our children are watching us.  Make sure you are who you pretend to be.
-W.S.

No comments: