The first session was focussed on two main ideas, "What is evanagelism" & "Why we don't evanglize". Below is the 1st of the 3 sessions, if you are intersted in evanglism I urge you to give it a listen. If you're not intersted in evangelsim...I beg you to listen to this message.
I know there are a lot of smart people that read this blog, and I would love your thoughts and comments on this message, but not related to me. I would like them to be focussed as to how this message could be improved and how effective it was in Glorifying the Lord. That's why we preach & teach, for His glory.
The Most Important Thing We Have (Session 1/3)
"Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures" (emphasis mine)
1. What is evangelism?
- a. Evangel literally means "_______________" - Or Good "___________________"
- b. Evangelism is the _______________ of "Good News"
- c. An Evangelist is the ______________of "Good News"
2. What is the Good News? The Gospel
The Gospel is
3. Why don't we evangelize (more)?
- Not my gift (Eph 4:11-12)
- I don’t know how (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Not my personality (Eph 6:20)
- What if it doesn’t work? (2Cor 4:1-5)
- I don’t know enough of the bible (Eph 3:8-9)
- I don’t like confrontation (2Ti 4:1-2)
- People don’t want to hear they will go to hell! (2Ti 4:3-5)
The video referenced (and audio heard) in this message is called "Do you believe the Gospel?" from I'll be Honest
Or download the MP4 directly HERE.
For His Glory,